I get asked this a lot.
- Open Control Panel.
- Under User Account and Family settings click on the “Add or remove user account.” Even though this is not at all what you want to do. This should really just say “Edit User Accounts” or something like that.
- Click Continue when UAC asks you for permission to look in there.
- Click the “Go to the main User Account page” link at the bottom.
- Under “Make changes to your user account” click on the “Turn User Account Control on or off” link at the bottom of the list.
- Give your permission to UAC by clicking Continue.
- Click to uncheck the “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer” checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Now, of course, it has to restart to apply those settings.