Erin made these and they are freaking awesome for a snack any time, and they were a big hit.
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups mixed nuts (blanched almonds, unsalted cashews, pecan halves)
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine the tamari, egg white, brown sugar and spices. Add the nuts and stir to coat well, 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Spread the nuts on the baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until toasted. Let cool, stirring a few times. Remove the nuts from the parchment paper (otherwise they’ll stick to it). Let cool.